Monday 9 September 2024

Published: Lady Z's dressing room finished and in print!

Hello my friends,

Missed me? It feels like I have been away for over a year. But has 'only' been a good 6 months. I have missed all of you!

In march I hoped that all the RL trouble would be over. They weren't. But they are now. Still very busy with work. Which I enjoy tremendously but do eat up all available time. But things are on the up on that front. Soon I will have more time for miniatures and blogging!


Of course I have had some stolen hours here and there. But they were largely spent on the article on Lady Zonneschut's dressingroom in Dollshouse Nederland (DHN) magazine. 


I am really chuffed to have my first miniature room published. Some of you will have seen my announcement on Facebook a few months ago. I never thought that so much work would go in one article! But it was great fun to do.


So much fun in fact that when they asked me if I wanted to make a workshop article about my William & Mary daybed, I simply could not refuse. 


So my first two articles appeared both in the 201'st issue of DHN. Because the painted Daybed was deigned to challengimg for some, we picked the brown one and added the upholstering tops for those who are interested. 



Bert Aerts who works for DHN always makes the building plans for the furniture projects. And he did so here too.  I wonder if someone has made this daybed or plans on making one... I certainly hope so but I'll probably never know. Oh well :-)

And that concludes my first post in ages. You may have noticed that the interior of the dressing room between the top and bottom picture vastly differs from the one published in the DHN. 


That is because I am testing different lay outs and have bought more miniatures in the meantime. Most of my treasures bought in the Houten miniatures fair are placed in the room as well. 

Not that all of them will  stay here, but I have no other room yet to place them in. I have started on a second roombox though....

Be well,

Huibrecht.




9 comments:

  1. Preciosa escena y felicidades por tus publicaciones, son fantásticas ambas la publicación y tus trabajos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias por el elogio a mis dos publicaciones!

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  2. Hi Huibrecht! Congratulations on both your published articles! The photos in the magazine look fabulous! It is great that you were asked to do the second article too! Yes, life gets in the way sometimes, but it is nice that you have more time for minis again. I look forward to seeing your new roombox! (And always hope to see more of your ongoing ones... the ceramics for the fireplace.... and such like that!) Stay well! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is good to find some proper time for mini's again. Ibwill show all the progress I have made in due time. But first I will show the treasures I have collected the past 9 months.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  3. Hi Huibrecht!! Van harte gefeliciteerd met je artikel in DHN, wat een geweldig nieuws!! De foto's zien er prima uit, en ja, om eerlijk te zijn zag ik ook wel verschillen tussen de foto's, tuurlijk ;)! Maar gedurende de tijd zal er nog best eens wat veranderen, dat zou in het RL ook gebeuren, toch?
    En het klopt dat het echte leven iemand, dus jou ook, behoorlijk in de weg kan staan. Daar vragen we nooit om maar het gebeurt.
    Wat mooi die foto's en workshop in DHN van de lig(dag)bedden, (of zeg ik t verkeerd?) dat schrijven én maken is inderdaad een hele tijdrovende klus. Ik wist niet dat Ben Aerts de bouwplannen maakte, des te bijzonder.
    Ik heb helaas om gezondheidsredenen jarenlang niet geblogd dus zie ik niet alles wat er nu nieuw is in deze prachtige kamer, maar er zullen ongetwijfeld veel nieuwe aankopen van de beurs in Houten bij zijn gekomen.
    Het was erg leuk om op mijn eerste bezoek aan een beurs jou (en vele anderen) weer te ontmoeten, het inspireert/zet mij weer aan tot het maken van nieuwe miniaturen ;).
    Groet, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ook jij welkom terug in blogland! Bert Aerts maakt niet de werktekeningen. Die maakt men zelf. Maar hij maakt ze na in decstijl van de werktekeningen voor de DHN. Ik ben blij dat ik jou in Houten even gesproken heb. Dat was gezellig. Hopelijk zie ik jou ook in Arnhem als je daar naartoe gaat.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  4. Enhorabuena por la publicación. El trabajo que has realizado es precioso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias por el elogio a mis dos publicaciones.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  6. Van harte gefeliciteerd met de twee (!) artikelen voor DHN, en natuurlijk ook de photos van de kamer met de dagbedden. Fantasties dat je weer terug bent in de wereld van miniatures, hoor. Ik heb jouw blog posts gemist.

    ReplyDelete