Saturday 8 June 2019

Unpacking, the never ending story...

Hello my Friends,

First I want to welcome Christian Lamb, Oiseau de Nim and Latchkey & Jonquil as the newest followers of my little project. And I would like to thank you for all your kind remarks on my last post on the Bisschop Dollshouse. I am happy to know that some of you now know of the existence of this lovely house. I understand that DHN will publish an article about the house in the near future (a happy coincidence). Then more people will know of this house. :-) 

In the meantime my partner and I have moved into our new house this week. What a hassle! But I should not complain. The movers did all the heavy stuff, but still.  Many things arealready in their proper place but there are still several boxes to unpack. In some corners the pile of things resemble this picture. Although in 1:1 it is not quite as grand as these pieces. If only... ;-)


These are some of the miniatures I have not yet shown you. (apart from the plated sugar caster) I acquired the birdcage dropleaf table by David Booth and the sidechair by John Hodgson from the collection of Elly de Kraker. I have bought more beautiful pieces, but I will show those in future posts. You may know that Josje has taken care of her collection of miniatures in agreement with Ellie's wishes. She has done that job with great dedication.

I bought the pair of ceramic vases in carbootsale. I don't know who made them but they are ceramic and hand painted. The three little statuettes of Budha's and Shiva come from a fleamarket. The candlestick, ceramic bird and gold coloured pictureframes were bought second hand on the internet. 

Have I forgotten anything? Maybe I have... care to guess? :-)

I'll tell (and show) you more on that self made miniature in my next post. It only needs varnising to be finished.  :-) 

That's it for now. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day. Until next time!

Huibrecht 

14 comments:

  1. Wat een mooie stoel en de vazen echt een pracht vondst!
    fijne dag,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Marijke. Ik was ook heel blij toen ik ze in de post kreeg. In het echt zien ze er beter uit dan op de foto van de verkoper. :-)

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  2. Good fit in your new home!
    What nice shopping, thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claude, I a glad that you like my purchases.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  3. El cambio de casa es un acontecimiento estresante pero muy satisfactorio. Bonitas compras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtstukken in mini, Huibrecht, en veel plezier ermee gewenst!!
    Voor jullie veel geluk in jullie nieuwe huis, en ik hoop dat alles gauw een plaatsje heeft en we hier weer kunnen gaan genieten van jouw mini's ;O.
    Groetjes, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Ilona,

      Ja de rem heeft er de afgelopen maanden wel een beetje opgestaan helaas. Maar mijn hobbybureautje staat. Hopelijk kan ik komend weekend al aan de knutsel. Mijn tekenschriftje voor ideeën wordt inmiddels steeds voller. :-)

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  5. Just as with a 1:1 sized home, a miniature dwelling is also filled with the brand new, second-hand and inherited items. It is such a great way to tell a story and relate how various pieces found their way to you and then made themselves at home. And I think that Ely would have been delighted to know that a connoisseur such as yourself, is appreciating her minis as much as she did! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Elisabeth you are quite right. The mixture of old and new is one of the things that make a house a home.

      Thank you for your kind words. It is a very nice thought.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  6. Very nice purchases Hubert! I love the plated sugar caster, also the vases and the parrot. Wonderful car boot sale and flea market finds!
    I hope you will be able to get back to working on Swinnendael soon. Oh I just realized something...if you have moved, then...is your mail being forwarded???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josje. I am certainly not always this lucky in car boot sales and flea markets. Often they do not sell much interesting or good quality miniatures. These were very lucky finds.

      I will start soon. I have made a list of the things I want to make first. And am looking for the right materials to source.

      And to answer your question, yes my mail is (finally) being forwarded. :-)

      Delete
  7. Goodness our car boot sale seems to only have baby clothes and Tupperware ! what lovely things. The table looks incredible as do the other things. Truly you have an eye Mr H ,,, huggsss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well normally carbootsales are not this interesting over here either. It was just a case of luck :-)

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete