Thursday 31 December 2020

I wish everybody a happy, healthy and prosperous 2021!

 

Hello my friends,

A year ago I wished you the same for 2020 of which only hours separate us from the new year. That wish did not come quite true. I think I can say that none of us ever has experienced a similar year in his or her life. And let us all hope that we never will again! I will not drag up all the events that has coloured and marred this year. The medea are full of that already. 


The picture above shows how I would like to spend this day. Sitting next to a comfortable fire. listening to some music while I read a good book. At this moment that is "Orley Farm" written by Anthony Trollope. A right beast of a Victorian novel. I quite like his work. ;-) Eating an occasional "Oliebol" and wait for the champagne to be uncorked at midnight. And instead of reminiscing about the year that has passed, as I often do at years end, I like to direct my attention to the new year this time. What will 2020 have in store for us?

That being said, I also hope that you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas this year. After all, let us not forget that nothing is all bad, not even 2020. Good things happened as well. Let not all those good things be overshadowed by the pandemic and other sad things. Cherrish the good and fun things that happened as well!

One such small (and perhaps insignificant in the light of 2020) things that made me smile was the christmas present I found under the christmas tree. Well actualy I did not see it at first. None of the lovely wrapped packages bore my name on them. Only when saw that the little baby christ in our nativity carried a miniature envelope with my name on it, I knew that I was not forgotten. ;-)

When we opened the presents I saw that my partner had given me a 1:12 gift voucher to help me save up for a beautiful miniature I wish to buy next year. How sweet is that? It is in fact the first miniature he has made in 1:12 (who knows what may follow. :-O) 

Unfortunately my partner is 100% Dutch. Why? Because he divided the amount on the voucher through 12 as well. and so of the amount he has give me as a present he only has to pay out € 4,17 when I will buy the miniature! We both had a good laugh about that, and I hope that you have too.

I hope that all those sad and terrible things that we all experienced in this old year can soon be healed and/or forgotten in the new year! And may you all be(come) and stay happy, healthy and prosperous! 

Huibrecht




11 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful post and a perfect one to end a "special" year. Thanks for your thoughtful and lovely words - but even more for giving me a good laugh. Please tell your partner that my thumbs went up for his first attempt in miniature, very well made, very well done! ;O)

    As we say in Germany: "Guten Rutsch!" - and my best wishes for the New Year, may it be a good one, a healthy one and a creative one. And this much is already certain: It will be a year to spend the cutest Christmas voucher ever.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgit. Ich wünsche dir auch ein Guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr!

      I told my partner, and he told me that I will get the undivided amount when it is time to use the voucher. (jippy)

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  2. Geweldig mooi kerstkado in mini van je parnter, Huibrecht, gaaf gedaan, vooral dat "delen door 12", hahahaha, dit soort humor mag ik wel ;O)!
    Ik wens jullie een voorspoedig en goed 2021, en bovenal een goede gezondheid!
    Groetjes, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Ilona, ik jou hetzelfde. Ja het is me wat. Maar hij heeft mij al toevertrouwd dat ik het ongedeelde bedrag krijg als het tijd is om de cadeaubon in te wisselen. ;-O

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  3. Dear Huibrecht, Happy New Year to you and yours! I agree with the above comments... what a wonderful "start" for a miniaturist! The tiny card is wonderful! (And the tiny contribution will be as well, I am sure!)
    Stay happy and healthy and continue to count the blessings and may many more come your way! And as always, I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!
    (Alas, I am still working on my Christmas Card.... my family is used to this...! ) :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am happy. And I wish you all the best for the new year! I hope you can finish the card soon. Christmas itself being over now does not make me les curious about how your card will have turned out. And I am certainly not the only one!

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  4. Mis mejores deseos para 2021 y felicidades por tu primer regalo mini

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡Qué este año en el entramos se muy feliz para todos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dank je wel Linda, Ja hij heeft humor nietwaar. En lef. ;-)
    Ik wens jou dezelfde goede wensen voor het nieuwe jaar. Dat we allemaal lekker veel tijd aan onze miniaturen kunnen besteden!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muchas Gracias Isabel!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete