Thursday 23 December 2021

Merry Christmas 2021

Hello my friends, 

This year is almost at an end. How it has flown by! You may have noticed that after the move to our new house the frequency of posts here have dropped considerably. These past few months have been busier than the rest of an already busy year. 

Since the move mid october I have had only 1 afternoon where I could work on miniatures in my new craft room. So apart from visiting the dollshouses in the museum in Lier and the miniatures show in Rijswijk, my hobby has virtualy been in a standstill. 

But no reason to moan about the recent mini time shortage. A new year is approaching and I have a lot of ideas for Huis ter Swinnendael. 

But back to Christmas. At blogspot, Facebook and Instagram I see a lot of your beautiful and spectacular mini rooms and houses with Christmas decorations. 

At the moment I still have only a mini nativity scène of tiny carved pieces of white marble in a basalt pyramid. So I made a small scène in the picture above. Having to do without a Christmas angel I have hercules to keep a protectie eye on the mini manger. For next year I want to make some garlands and ribbons and such in order to properly decorate at least one room for Christmas. 

But for now I wish you all a merry and festive Christmas! May you all have a wonderful time together with your loved ones! 

Huibrecht 


5 comments:

  1. Dear Huibrecht, Happy Holidays to you both! I am glad your move went well and that the busy life is treating you well. In the new year there is always hope for more mini time!
    I did not notice your unusual Nativity at first look... it is very striking! I am glad Hercules will protect them! :) I wish you all the merriment and Peace of the Seasons, and hope you stay safe in these strange times! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Betsy, thank you for your kind wishes. I wish you the very same!

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  2. First of all Merry Christmas to you and yours - I hope you're enjoying it to the fullest as the first one in a new home is always very special. And it's no surprise that your miniature time was turned down to almost zero as such a big move means of course plenty of work. But as soon as you're totally settled and all moving boxes are unpacked you will be able to return to Huis ter Swinnendael. For now I've enjoyed very much your arrangement with this aweseome unusual nativity - and so good that Hercules is keeping an eye on this special piece.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I hope you also had a merry Christmas as well! Hercules has done his job well and without complaining. I am returning slowly to Huis ter Swinnendael. I will post the last post of 2021 today or tomorrow.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  3. Gracias. Espero que la Navidad haya sido muy buena para ti también. ¡Deseo todo lo mejor para 2022!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete