Monday 18 April 2022

Little Cunera on an Easter egg hunt...


Hello my friends,

Easter is almost over but I had no time to post this little post sooner than today.  I hope that all of you had a lovely Easter weekend. Wether you celebrate it around eggs and the easter bunny or the ressurection of Christ. 


I have kept you informed about the commission for the portrait of Cunera Olshoorn in threee earlier posts. Diane Meyboom has painted this excuisite miniature version of this young lady who lived 4 centuries ago. I received the portrait last month. Because the fair in Arnhem could not take place because of the last Covid restrictions, I invited Diane over for a lunch to celebrate handing over this little painting. I waited until Easter to show you the final result because she walks in a garden. 

With (quite) some imagination she is not holding a rose but an egg in her hand. She could be looking for hidden Easter eggs in the garden, like I did when I was young. 


And talking of eggs, she found one! 

I treated myself on a new miniature Fabergé egg made by Sun of Nalladris. You may recognise it. It is a miniature version of the Renaissance Egg. The real egg was made for Alexander III of Russia, who presented it to his wife, the Empress Maria Feodorovna in 1894.


The original surprise is lost. However Sun has added a lovely little egg with painted flowers to replace the original surprise. So now, next to the Rose trellis egg from last year I now have a second miniature egg. Perhaps next Easter I (Cunera) will collect another Easter egg from the miniature garden. Who knows!

For now I wish all of you a happy Easter.  Be well and take care. 

Huibrecht

8 comments:

  1. Hi Huibrecht! Hope you are enjoying your first spring in the new house! Diane has done an extraordinary job with the replica painting of Cunera! Wow! The detail when zoomed in is just marvelous! I am excited to see it one day hung in Huis ter Swinnendael! There will be a great story and history behind each piece that adorns the house, and it is so much fun to be along on the journey to getting there! The Fabergé egg is impossibly beautiful, and I am so glad that you treated yourself! Thanks for sharing your treasures with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi, Spring is lovely here. although this is again a very dry spring. Which is such a pity for plantlife and animals Lets hope for some rain next week.

      Thank you for your compliments. I am very happy to have received the painting. I have stored it away safely. It will be hung in the small salon, which I start on as soon as I have finished the dressing room and the Steward's office.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  2. Hi Huibrecht! The Faberge Eggs are simply gorgeous! Or rather Faberge-ulous!! I love the arrangements on your "candle stands"... it definitely complements their delicacy and shows them off perfectly! As for the painting of little Cunera, it is perfection! She looks so lively and the painting is so detailed and beautiful! The subject... child in the garden is itself so enticing.... who could not love it? I agree that she has found a lovely egg and is racing off to find the next one.... pointing the way to her friends for sure! :) This is a real Treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabergulous is the right word indeed. :-) I'm glad that you like them. And just like the portrait of little Cunera i treasure them all.

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  3. I have no doubt that little Cunera is on an Easter egg hunt and that she's holding the first egg she found... ;O)

    The painting is stunning in every way, you've asked the right artist. And what a lovely idea to invite her, I bet it was great for her not only to enjoy your skills as a host but also to see your reaction of meeting Cunera personally. The amount of details in this "size" is absolutely amazing and I'm already looking forward to see this fabulous painting after it received its place of honor in Huis ter Swinnendael.

    And speaking of places of honor... Sun's Fabergé eggs deserve them too. I'm sorry having to say this but I see no way out (and I mean it - NO WAY OUT!!!) for you - you will have no other choice than keeping up with the tradition of adding a new egg to your collection every year. *grin* Remember - that's what Tsar Alexander did too as his father Nikolaus already did. And Alexander even had to order two eggs - one for his wife and one for his mother so you're lucky just having to buy one... *tweet* But without any more joking... Sun's work is always breathtaking and her Fabergé eggs are extra special. It's amazing how she manages to turn these small masterpieces into tiny miniature pieces of art. And btw those two beauties you already own look faboulous on your stands.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Birgit,

      We both enjoyed the lunch together. We had a lot of fun talking about all kinds of subjects.

      I understand now that I indeed have no choice but to keep collecting Fabergé from Sun. No doubt in my mind any more. You have made that quite clear. lol :-)

      Huibrecht

      Delete
  4. La pintura es preciosa .Pero se me van los ojos detrás de los huevos de Fabergé .

    ReplyDelete